Vacancy Type: Conductor / Musical Director
Application deadline: 12 October 2018
Description of vacancy:
A new Musical Director is required for Thomas Coats Memorial Choral Society for the season starting January 2019 as our current MD takes up a new role with Ulster Youth Choir. We are a well established choral society of about 80 members, based in Paisley and in good commuting distance from Glasgow. The choir rehearses on Tuesday evenings from January to mid March, with a small number of Friday rehearsals, and performs one concert a year in March. We perform from the major choral repertoire with an orchestra and have a strong link with the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
Remuneration is by annual fee to be agreed with the successful candidate as will terms of contract.
The following skills are important for the job:
- Experience of conducting choir and orchestra would be beneficial.
- The ability to motivate an adult choir to achieve high performance standards
- Lead rehearsals with sense of humour and respect for individuals
- Good organisational skills
- Work collaboratively with the choir committee and office bearers
- Design concert programmes with broad appeal to both audience and choir.
Further information about the choir can be obtained by downloading the job description and person specification: MD Recruitment 2018 – Job Description and Person Specification
Selection will be by interview in October 2018 and participation in a short audition rehearsal with the choir on 6 November 2018 in Paisley.
If you feel that this is a role for you please apply by email to the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org with a full CV, personal statement and details of 2 referees.